We all make mistakes.
Sometimes bad choices affect our health, our marriage, our career and sometimes even our freedom. Prison is the harsh reality of judicial consequences for women who have broken the law.
Learning to make new choices, gain new skills, embrace life with sustainable principles, learn to forgive and love ourselves and others and move forward with new values is how A Peaceful Habitation gives hope to the recently paroled.
Daily, our strength to serve women is based on this Scripture:
"My people will abide
in a peaceful habitation,
in safe dwellings,
and in quiet resting places."
One life can change thousands! Extending Christ's unconditional love and hope to women released from correctional facilities will not only encourage and support them during their transition but also assist them in becoming independent, contributing members of society.
To love and mentor participants in Christian principles that will empower, encourage and enlighten women in transition from incarceration to their families and communities in New Mexico.
A Peaceful Habitation provides:
- Safe, drug and alcohol free transitional housing;
- Structured, supportive life skills;
- One-on-one mentoring and community partnerships to assist participants in their journeys back to family and community life;
- Teaching the Word of God and Christian morals and principles;
- Referrals and resources for our participants to comply with all their probation/parole mandates.
The work at A Peaceful Habitation home and aftercare ministry is truly blessed by the Holy Spirit. ~ Joe R. Williams, NM Secretary of Corrections